Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Sweet Potato Harvest

I'm a few days late on this post because I've been trying to figure out why my blog won't let me post photos, but I think I've figured things out now:)....

So, what's been going on at the cabin?  Pretty exciting stuff!  We harvested our sweet potatoes, onions, and Idaho potatoes on Saturday!  Yay!



Eric runs the tractor and potato buster down the rows, and the kids and I run behind and pick up all the potatoes he turns up.  Super fun!  If you've never done it, you need to!  We got a little more than a 5 gallon bucket of potatoes, and a 5 gallon bucket of onions.  A sweet potato straight out of the garden is amazing!

We're going to use some to can baby food for Carli, and going to try a few sweet potato recipes from Pinterest.  But mostly, we like them baked with butter and brown sugar, or roasted with rosemary and vinegar.

Anyone else have garden fun this past weekend?

Follow us on Facebook @ https://facebook.com/thislittlecabinbythecreek

No comments:

Post a Comment